Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Thrifting

Ever since I was a little punk girl I've loved thrifting.  At the time I was into granny cardigans, men's jeans, and vintage dresses...and, nothing's changed.  I love that I can get 4 or 5 things for $20.  You already know how the piece will stand up to wear and washing because, it's been worn and washed already (ideally).  It's good for the environment, if you care about those kind of things.  And, you'll find stuff that probably no one else has.  I find it difficult to resist the siren song of a thrift store if I drive by one...and I'm blessed to have friends who have the same peculiar tastes and interests that I do.

I'm wearing such a pretty dress today! that I got to cheer myself up after some soul-draining work event at a Goodwill on 97th Avenue and 8th Street SW.  I go to this store all the time, and it's the first time I've bought anything there.  That's another great thing about thrifting: it's all about luck.  You can have great success at a certain store one day, and never find anything good there again.  It's pretty addictive.  Of course, sometimes a fight breaks out (true story) and you decide you're better off just dumping what you've picked up and leaving before the cops come.


4 comments:

  1. I will gladly take lessons on how to work with photographs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always get in fights with angry black ladies

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just found this looking up thrifting in miami on the googles...LOL

    ReplyDelete