Monday, April 26, 2010

La Sandwicherie

Or as I like to say it, La Sangwicherie.  Ok, ok, private joke.

It's a great day when I'm focused enough to listen to my body, hear what it's craving for, and then can give it exactly what it wants.  I wanted a cold sub on my last day off, and, of course, the best cold subs are from La Sandwicherie in South Beach.  Just like how the special sauce at Sarussi "makes" their sandwiches, the french vinaigrette they use at La Sandwicherie makes their sandwiches the ne plus ultra. Careful, guys.  Only God can be perfect...you'd better put some cornichons on mine to not incur any divine wrath on your heads.

It's only a outdoor counter, and a smallish one at that.  There is no parking, and, very likely, no seats available. There is a water misting fan that may or may not be on when you are there.  Still...the food is the perfect antidote to a hot, sun-baked day at the beach.  Watching those sandwiches being made is mesmerizing (I envision Mr. Sandwich-maker-guy with a salad shooter in his hip holster).  My friend is one of those people who live on steamed broccoli and brown rice (and occasionally spends a day just absorbing moisture from the air, like an air plant), and I just assumed we'd be taking half his sandwich (and half of mine, cursed femininity) home...damn if he didn't eat the whole thing, so that gave me free rein to stuff myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment