Monday, January 25, 2010

Lemongrass Asian Bistro

Sometimes it feels like you'll never eat anything exceptional again, that you're going to spend loads of cash on mediocre sushi places and never experience what made you fall in love with the stuff in the first place.  Then, sometimes a meal is like all the stars aligning and angels picking up their trumpets and little birds eating out of your hand.  And, it's on someone's else's tab!  Well.  It's like life giving you a high five.

I went to Lemongrass Asian Bistro for GS's sister's birthday.  It was really a family event but luckily the delicious food trumped any awkwardness I felt and soon I was eating off relative strangers' plates.  Well, I did wait for them to offer, first.

What to say about it?  They just got the basics right.  I'm no expert, but I know how Seaweed Salad should taste, and I know how homemade ginger salad dressing should taste, and that's what we got last night.  I got the Tuna Tartar in a Crispy Hand Roll that was admittedly not my favorite of all time (up to the present, I am optimistic enough to forsee many tuna tartar dishes in my future) but only because it was a bit too spicy and I'm a lightweight when it comes that.  I had a salmon roll that had a generous amount of salmon I could actually taste.  Usually those simple rolls just taste like sushi rice and seaweed.  GS and his dad had big sashimi plates and I swear, the white tuna was like butter (Butter!  Like a big stick of butter!)  I dropped a piece of salmon and it took all my willpower not to eat it...I would have, if I had been with friends or my own family.

Everything was beautifully presented and I took several pictures of everything to send to Allegra.  Course, my Samsung doesn't do art photography like her Iphone but, she got the idea.

The place was expensive-ish, but worth it.  Worth the price, worth the drive.  Happy Birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment