Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Forgive me, for I have sinned

I let myself be manipulated into going to Five Guys Burger and Fries, a chain restaurant on South Beach, instead of doing the responsible thing and going to the independently owned Cheeseburger Baby right across the street. Allegra, my fashion muse and good angel (sits on the right shoulder), reprimanded me but I reminded her that I am quite as easily manipulated by her, though not for evil purposes, at least.

I had the Little Cheeseburger with ketchup, mayo, grilled onions and mushrooms, lettuce, pickles and tomatoes. All toppings are included at no extra cost. It was NOT like Wendy's as Allegra so cuttingly remarked. It was good but not the best burger I've had, just better than fast food burgers. It's no In-N-Out, for sure. They had sacks of potatoes lying around to emphasize the point that their fries are not frozen, and all the peanuts in shell you can eat/carry home. It was certainly inexpensive.

I'm not sure what the penance for this kind of transgression is. Maybe a trip to a farmer's market will cut it.

No comments:

Post a Comment