Friday, July 17, 2009

Red Koi in Coral Gables

July 10, 2009. I didn't feel like going to the races at the Homestead Speedway (experiencing these quintessentially redneck experiences are like conducting an anthropological study) and dealing with the noise and staying up late and having to work the next day, so I went with a couple people to eat dinner at Red Koi. One of them had been laid off recently so we were determined to make an effort to forget all our problems and enjoy ourselves. I had the Tuna Tartar (I've been obsessed with this dish lately after having it at Moonchine) and it was tasty and beautifully presented. Even the leftovers I had for lunch the next day were great, and I didn't get food poisoning from eating old raw fish. I also had a salmon roll and a green salad, mostly because they were cheap and raw salmon is my favorite. My share was about $30 with tip, I guess I'd call that moderately expensive, and then I bought a bottle of $10 Publix wine which we drank at home, with Rum and Diet Cokes, and watched a few Season 2 Curb Your Enthusiasm episodes. Perfect!

Red Koi Thai and Sushi Lounge
(786) 871-7969
317 Miracle Mile
Coral Gables, FL 33134

No comments:

Post a Comment