Monday, September 21, 2009

Hiro's Sushi Express

Why is there not one of these within walking distance from my apartment? I admit, I don't have particularly discriminating taste, but the sushi there tastes as good as any I've had. I went there for lunch today and had their cold spinach salad with peanut sauce and their Double Hat Trick, and Allegra had Tekka Don and an Egg Roll. I'm not fond of clever names for menu items, by the way. I'm trying to get used to drinking water with my food and not wasting money on a soda, which is tough. It's healthy, affordable deliciousness that really makes my tummy's day!

I went to a couple of bars in Hollywood, Kelly's Pub and PRL Euro Cafe. I wasn't in the mood for drinking but they seemed like your typical cool local hangout. After just a couple of drinks we went down to the beach, where I heroically resisted the urge to jump in the deliciously warm ocean. That area of Hollywood Beach has a ton of little restaurants, bars and shops and is the antithesis of South Beach's excruciating hipness. There were lots of people, just walking...which is my favorite thing to do!

Speaking of walking, I went to Greynolds Park in an attempt to branch out from my normal, though totally awesome, walk route. It was nice to walk through, if you just ignore the homeless guys BBQing at the entrance.

1 comment:

  1. the last time i went to greynolds, i was hit on by someone in one of their trails... scuzzy man, ewww. oleta is still my favorite state park, while i'm quite fond of enchanted forest (135 and biscayne) in no mia, where they have ponies, several playgrounds and a decent walking path.

    i love the broadwalk area in hollywood. there's a great sushi place there, sushi thai on the beach.

    ReplyDelete