Saturday, September 5, 2009

Chalan on the Beach

There are certain foods that you start craving if you've gone too long without them...for me it's sushi, raw oysters, and ceviche. Now, I've had fancypants ceviche at Jaguar and Vietnamese Ceviche at Sushi Saigon and have even eaten the ceviche at the Books & Books cafe, but for good, authentic ceviche, you have to go to those inexpensive Peruvian restaurants on the beach. I had lunch today at Chalan with my coworker, and believe me, it had been a long, dry spell without. We were sopping up the ceviche marinade with the bread, it was so tasty. My coworker had the Lomo Saltado, which is a kind of stir fry of steak, tomato, onion and french fries, and it's out of this world. It would take a long time before I got tired enough of these two dishes to venture into the rest of the menu.

I saw Mamma Mia! and Pretty in Pink on DVD last night. Mamma Mia! was fun and adorable, and a great film adaptation of the musical, which I happened to see when it was in town a few years back. I knew almost all of the lyrics to all of the songs. Sad, I know. I rented Pretty in Pink after John Hughes died and just got around to watching it. God, they (we) were all so young, once!

No comments:

Post a Comment