Friday, September 11, 2009

Cacique's Corner Restaurant


When it comes to Cuban food - the cheaper, the better. It seems that the less you spend on Cuban food, the better it tastes. There's no point in getting fancy about it. I went to lunch with Allegra at Cacique's after a work meeting, downtown, yesterday. She had Chicarron de Pollo, and I had a Pan con Bistec (it floors me how the Spanish spelling for steak is the phonetic spelling of "beefsteak"...of course, it doesn't take much to amuse me). It was good...how could it not be? With my Diet Coke my portion of the bill, including a more than 20% tip, was $9. And, I had leftovers for the next day!

The day before I ate at Pollo Tropical, where for $4.13 I had a quarter chicken, dark meat, with black beans and rice, and all the chopped onion, salsa, BBQ sauce, vinegar, and lemon juice I could douse my food with for free. Who does NOT think that a Pollo Tropical franchise would make a killing just about anywhere outside of Miami? I mean, when's the last time you ate there? That chicken is fricking tasty!

1 comment:

  1. Used to eat thier all the time when I worked in the Hell called downtown. Awesome cheap breakfest for $2.99 with the works: eggs,ham,french fries, cuban toast and cafe con leche.

    ReplyDelete