Monday, December 24, 2012

Upromise

I enrolled in Upromise when my son was born, and started the Florida Prepaid College Plan as well.  Now, that prepaid plan is long paid off and my son is assured four free years of college in Florida.  I, on the other hand, will be starting an accelerated RN program in January which I have been WARNED ABOUT REPEATEDLY.  It is a VERY CHALLENGING PROGRAM and I will have NO LIFE.  No life means I have to quit my job.  Today, actually, is my last day.

This has me exploring avenues for some income, any income.  I checked the Upromise account and they are ridiculously flexible with you.  I was able to switch the Upromise account to myself and sent away for my first disbursement check.  It's not a huge amount of money but every little bit helps, and it's not an insignificant amount either.  They don't require any verification on how you've spent it on education-related expenses.  You can use it to pay down school loans as well. (See? I told you it was flexible!)

The way Upromise works is that, as a member (free enrollment), you earn a percentage from online shopping, eating out, and using their credit card.  You can use all the methods available for earning money or only some.  You start your online shopping adventure through their website and it automatically calculates how much you've earned based on what you spend at the store - you just have to remember to start at the Upromise site!  They have a toolbar you can download to your computer to make it easier.

I really recommend that anyone remotely connected to a person who will attend school someday enroll in Upromise.  It is truly a winning situation for members; I've never seen or experienced problems with it.

2 comments:

  1. Last post you said you were going to tell us about hiking and snow adventures, yet all I hear is crickets. :-) valentine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol all I have is a phone here! But there is plenty of snow and walking in it feels like hiking :-)

      Delete