Sunday, February 3, 2013

Miami on the Cheap website

Now that I am an officially unemployed, full-time, nursing student, I find myself really looking for ways to save money.  For instance, I waited at Comcast for two hours just to save the $11 to have a digital converter mailed home.  I guess I didn't earn a very high hourly wage during THAT adventure, but hey, it's like...1/4 of a gas tank?  Yes, I boil down most minor monetary gains and losses to how much gas could I get with that money.  Gas is my new currency.

I get a ton of junk email cause I'm a sweepstakes queen, and I tend to just delete delete delete my way through most email...but not the ones from Miami on the Cheap.  I don't know what it is that moves someone to so kindly and graciously compile daily lists of local free and inexpensive events for others to benefit from, but I am very grateful for them.  I have already gotten two great heads up from this website: the Doral Camping Under the Stars event (free!) earlier this month and free (!) flu immunizations for kids at the Miami-Dade County Fairgrounds just yesterday.

You all should immediately head over to their website and sign up for their free daily newletters and "like" them on Facebook.  They also do a daily round up of local coupon deals at their Daily Deals Headquarters, which compiles all those deals in one easy to view location.  Now, go to it and save!  Thanks, Miami on the Cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment