Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Big Cheese of Miami

Do you know that The Big Cheese used to be a funeral parlor?  It's true.  I know, because I confirmed with the staff after I heard the rumor, many years ago.  They also obliged with good natured jokes about how the pizza ovens used to be the crematoriums.  Cause that's how they roll.  The Big Cheese is the least pretentious place to eat that is NOT fast food.  The staff is easy going and casual.  A place you can feel comfy taking kids and where your portions will be so large it will supply leftovers for 2 or 3 more meals, easily.

My brother took me, my mom, and his family to The Big Cheese for lunch on Sunday, sort of a post birthday celebration on a budget.  I had the baked ziti with ricotta but I wasn't too crazy about their meat sauce-I should have stuck with my normal choice, spaghetti with pink sauce and shrimp.  I LOVE their pink sauce!  Oh, well.  I was a good girl and didn't stuff myself, because I'm in training.

That's right, as old as I am, I finally feel up to trying to do a race.  My brother is the most athetic guy EVA and he told me about an easy race that is a one mile run, 10 mile bike run, and three mile run.  It's held monthly by Mack Cycle (a bike store I quite recommend for having very friendly and helpful staff) and my brother is planning to do it with his son.  I would be so proud of myself if I did this!  I tried jogging and managed two miles-did feel very close to puking afterwards-but I have a few months to get into shape.  I need a lolcat for feline inspiration...

1 comment:

  1. Heard of the warrior dash and it sounded like the style of my more fit friends, but alas not I but I'm hella proud of you for theschool and being in training shit. This year you can do the turkey trot with us :-) Val Aka Annie oakley

    ReplyDelete