Thursday, July 1, 2010

Downtown

True Story: 
I had some training thingy downtown, and for lunch had some cheap pizza at a completely regrettable place I won't even dignify by naming.  You'd have to wander pretty randomly to find it by chance so I won't worry you'll eat there by mistake...and if you do, it's culinary karma, what I can do about that?  As much as I despise PC behavior, I found the owner's penchant for calling his delivery guy "Mejico" pretty damn offensive.

ANYwho, I took my leftovers to a nearby greenspace where the homeless were hanging and offered them to three different homeless folks, all of whom refused them.  The story in all this (finally):

Me: "Hi, I have some leftover pizza from lunch, would you like to have it?"
Homeless Lady, turns to the imaginary person next to her and asks this empty spot to her right: "This girl wants to know if you want some pizza, do you?"
She paused a moment, and replied to me: "No, she doesn't want any pizza.  Thank you."

On a somewhat related note, I hope I never become someone who won't eat a hot dog from a street vendor.  Just saying.

1 comment: