Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Earth Balance

If you're an avid recipe reader like me (I find it completely normal to spend a night hanging out, reading a cookbook, and I have a binder full of recipes to try...not to mention my overly pinned Pinterest boards!) and are trying to eat healthy, you've probably noticed something.  By FAR, hands down, the most popular "buttery spread" out there among vegans and vegetarians is Earth Balance.  I go through tubs of it making this awesome Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe alone (I highly recommend the recipe and the whole blog, Oh She Glows).  I don't know what magic they use for it, but it is deliciously like real butter - much more than those "other" spreads - and without scary ingredients.  I use the regular spread for cooking and adore the whipped spread for toast.  I think it's completely OK to have, as I did this morning, a buttery spread sandwich.  Just bread and spread, that's it.  YUM!

3 comments:

  1. you'll have to make me a piece of toast for me to try this, i'm not that brave. -svk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a container of it because of this post- so far I have put it on mashed potatoes instead of butter and it was good! I also did half Earth Balance and half butter for my eggs and it was good too. I just can't have my eggs without butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I'm glad you liked it :)

      Delete