Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Chinois Chinois

I spied a new Chinese/Japanese restaurant, Chinois Chinois, the last time I got a pizza at Tutto Pizza.  Interesting...more sushi is always a good thing.  Then, by the happiest of coincidences (or maybe it was completely predictable), Voice Deal of the Day offered a coupon for it, which I promptly pounced on.  I went to eat here on the tail end of my last illness; I had a few good days where I at least felt hungry so I thought it was time to venture into real food once more.

The restaurant is lovely, with lots of dark wood and red accents.  There is outdoor seating, tastefully done; I can see this being a good spot to go on a date or for drinks with a small group of friends-even though it is right off of busy Coral Way.  GS and I ate outside because it was only very hot instead of damn hot-it would have been a good idea except I was scratching throughout the meal because I was a meal to a horde of hungry mosquitos.

We had a sushi boat to share.  It came with a portion of seaweed salad in a martini glass that was so pretty (I'm a sucker for good looks), a good selection of rolls (if someone would offer a sushi boat with no California roll I'd be all over that!), sushi and sashimi.  It was more than enough-I even ended up with leftovers though the idea of sushi leftovers frankly scares me a bit.  The waitress was very attentive-or perhaps telepathic-and I wasn't left waiting even a moment for anything.  Though, of course, the restaurant WAS empty.  And, we are old folks who eat dinner out on a Thursday at 6pm.

It's nice having this place so nearby, with plentiful, free parking.  It's much more attractive than Sushi Chef and easier to get to, less crowded, and cheaper than, Mr. Yum.  The restaurant doesn't have an online presence yet (I know, crazy, right???) so if you want take out you'd need to have a menu already or order at the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment