Monday, February 28, 2011

Safar Coiffure

I feel human again.  I finally got my nails done today at Safar Coiffure, a very pretty spa/salon in South Pointe.  Of course I used a Groupon, but normal prices there aren't TOO outrageous-$50 for a mani/pedi.  My awesome little place is only around $25 for the same but it's impossible for me to get there most days...I could walk to Safar during my lunch hour.
I had a talkative Ukranian woman do my nails who kept up a running commentary about anything should could think of (Shaquille O'Neal is nice, Janice Dickinson is not) but somehow she wasn't annoying-she was childlike in a charming sort of way.  Foreigners can get away with so much.  She did an adequate job on my nails but not amazing-she did little for cuticles and calluses, which is what I really care about.  My theory (and I have a theory about everything) is that places that are strictly nails only do a better job because the owners make sure that the services are standardized among their staff.  Hair salons and spas seem to just hire any licensed person to do nails and then not really worry about what the technician actually DOES.  She wasn't awful, I just wasn't impressed.  There's another place that's close by that's nails only with similiar pricing-even though it's not anywhere as pretty as Safar (in fact, it's downright grubby)- and they do a much better job.
But, I'm just happy to have a pedicure again.  I hate open toes shoes with unpainted nails, and since I have a foot fetish to support, I got to step up my game.  I actually remember that the last time I did my nails was December 30th, when I normally can't remember my address properly.  Gotta represent, ya know?

No comments:

Post a Comment