Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Lime Fresh Mexican Grill

I can't concentrate, the Lime Fresh Mexican Grill website is playing that Black Eyed Peas song I like so much, Boom Boom Pow.  I was going to be pretty hard on them but now, I've lightened up.  Such is the power of palatable packaging for your product.  Anyway... ate lunch there with the beach crew.  Had a veggie quesadilla.  It was ok, but, anything that tastes like I could have made it (and may have made better) is no great shakes.  The predominant taste was hardly cooked onion.  The good part is that the food for four people was just under $40.  It is a pretty spot to have lunch; it's got covered outdoor seating that is bearable even during the summer, and really polite staff.  My favorite part of eating there is their salsa bar.  Their salsa verde is awesome, and I could eat their pico de gallo with a spoon.  And I do.  Oh, and I love their Corona salt and pepper shakers...Wait, let me restart the song...

Ok, went to the Asian Culture Festival at the Fruit and Spice Park in Homestead.  Let me start by saying that there is no reason whatsoever to go to this park unless there is a festival going on.  Unless you're an amateur botanist or something.  And, there's no reason to go to the Asian Culture Fest unless you want to eat.  But if you do, then, by all means...I was kind of broke so I just had Thai iced bubble tea and Thai donuts.  Thai donuts are the culinary equivalent of holding a freshly bathed infant: soft, sweet, indescribably delicious, all the way down to your bones...Evil G had some pad thai and JC just stuck to beer-Chang-which wasn't as awful as some Asian beers are and had really cute bottle caps with elephants on them...which we saved for the Beer Christmas collection.  The line at the coconut puffs stand was super long; wish I'd tried them.  There was really just a huge selection of food choices there, definitely the best food court I've ever seen.  The stands selling little trinkets and such also had very nice choices to blow your dollars on.  I got my very first plant for my balcony, a red romaine lettuce.  I prefer to grow plants that earn their keep, ya know?  I think the highlight was the cute little girl singing this, karaoke, which totally outshone the original version.  Love! love, love...

Leaving on my trip in two days!

1 comment:

  1. I love Lime. I have one down the streeet from work and try to make it there a few times a month.

    ReplyDelete